Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Week 4 Recap!

Afternoon Gentlemen,

Anyone else feel like we've entered the bizarro NFL?  I mean, players like Trent Richardson and Larry Donnell scoring tons of points while Tom Brady, Reggie Bush, and Lesean McCoy all do next to nothing?

Not to mention the breakout of players that weren't selected in the first two rounds, and the absolute crap fest that has been most of the first two rounds this year.  Andrew Luck as the #1 fantasy QB?  Demarco Murray as #1 fantasy RB (sure he was taken in the first round, good job Yuriy).  This NFL is a strange place to be, and fantasy makes for a strange way to show off all the little inconsistencies.

Anyway, week 4 is done with.  There was a ton of points going around for most people, and then there was also a ton of luck on the side of a few (HOW DID I WIN?).  The only undefeated team left is one Cobb Thomas (Jake's team), and he doesn't even have two real RBs.  Go figure.  Anyway, watching the games has left me with this:  if you think you know what's going to happen you probably aren't a coach in the NFL, and if you are a coach in the NFL you probably don't know much about playcalling.

P.S. Raiders lost their head coach Dennis Allan due to extreme negligence to his starting QB as the man is limping and DA just looks on non-caring.  So expect the Raiders to be better after the bye (they can't get much worse).

CHART MADNESS!!!

Top Points For:

  1. I Pitta Da Fool - 593 points
  2. Demarius Derp! ! - 592 points
  3. Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood - 575 points
Top Points Against:

  1. Team FlutteringHorde - 594 points against
  2. Demarius Derp! ! - 582 points against
  3. Colonel Sanders - 557 points against
Compared to last week the top 2 points for teams remain the same (despite I Pitta Da Fool losing), but Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood has passed up Cobb Thomas for that 3 spot.  Remember though this is a marathon, not a sprint.  With 9 weeks left to decide who wins it all, we have a long way to go.


CLASIFICACIONES DE POTENCIA


Game of the Week:
Freedom 35 loses to  Full Metal Jacket 90 to 92.
(James Jones of Oakland Raiders)

In a game that came so far into the week that mostly everyone had turned off their TVs and given up on the Patriots, my team pulled out a miraculous win despite Tom Brady doing everything he could to make me lose.  With the highest scoring player on my team being a nice 14 points from the gentleman above, I managed to overcome Stafford's 29 and Forsett's 18 despite my best efforts to lose.

A lot of things had to go right here, I had to have the consistent Bradshaw and Gronk score touchdowns, I had to have Calvin Johnson decide not to play, and I needed Yaro's team to just completely suck everywhere else.  Good news for me.  With totally underwhelming production from my QB and first 2 draft picks, I managed to still win, keeping me away from that dreaded 1-3.  It was glorious, especially because I believed that I had lost until I checked the scores at 1 am last night.

Thanks team :).

BOLD PREDICTIONS TIME

I'm going to write this all in bold, because this is the bold predictions segment, brand new.

Yaro's prediction:
                           "I predict lesean McCoy will be broken once and for all this Sunday"
                                  You weren't wrong but that post brought karma on your ass. 
Jared's prediction:
                           "I predict Steve Smith will injure 2 corner backs who try to cover him this weekend"
                                  He didn't need to, he did beast up a game, but you didn't post any stats...
Alex's prediction:
                           "Vjax goes 6rec/107yds/1TD"
                                  3 for 32 with 1 TD.  Not bad, I mean at least the TD was right.
Val's prediction:
                           "Andrew luck with 350 yards and 3 td"
                                 393 yards, 4 tds and 1 int.  Close, but don't doubt your dude.  Not super bold.
My prediction:
                           "Stevie Johnson to get a receiving TD and 5+ receptions for SF this week"
                                1 reception, 12 yards and a TD.  I shoulda just stopped after TD.

VAL WINS PREDICTIONS.

(GET MORE BOLD NEXT TIME

EVERYBODY).

Good luck week 5, to everyone but Alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment