Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Week 10 Write up



Week 10 is now over (and yes I'm aware that the last gif is from week 9, it's still great).  With the double digit week ending, so does the hope and dream of winning the league this year for me and some of my fellow owners.

2016 is a year that seems to bring down the hopes and dreams of many things, mostly by killing off beloved people, but also by putting the world into something that slightly resembles disorder.  Brexit, for better or for worse, sees Britain ending its relationship with the UN.  Trump, for better or for worse, sees the USA ending its relationship with reality (unless its that reality TV sort). Bowie died, symbolizing the closest thing I've had to an idol kicking the bucket, and then Prince died (never to be shown up).  Of course we had Alan Rickman, Muhammed Ali, Leonard Cohen and the guy that wrote Thriller Ron Temperton pass as well.

So I guess what I mean to say is that it puts something of a perspective on all this silly fantasy football losses and just general garbage.  And I did get engaged too, so this year can't be too bad.  Although this all may be part of the 12 steps of grief I have for my fantasy team's year.

Raiders are good thought! Last time that happened this shit looked amazing:



Looking ahead, there's only 3 games left.  If you're more than 3 games back you better be hoping you can snag one of the 3 wild card spots.  I'm technically not out of the running yet (moreso just practically and maybe even literally).

POWER RANKINGS

So guys, that pretty graphic and chart I was doing for you took about 2 hours each time to complete.  I know it didn't look like much but moving around HTML code and shit isn't my bag and honestly with school, work, airbnb, getting engaged, and BF1 I really just can't.  So Instead I'm just going to write it out.

1.  Alex Gomez (10-0).  Still haven't lost.  Used some weird black magic to get the 1st overall pick.  Still am not scared of you.  My team would fight your team in the parking lot after school. BTW you cannot lose the division, it is clinched.
2. Orest Yaslinskiy (6-4).  Yup same division.  You can't win your division either.  But, you have the best record and points for (excluding Yaro, but he's not gonna be on here for at least a few more teams).  I guess to make up for last year, you traded me CJ Anderson.  Feel good about it, but also remember that karma's a bitch.
3. Yuriy Yedinak (6-4).  Something of a losing skid.  Probably should blame Rex Ryan instead of making a trade.  Your team looks alright though, just be careful and hope that nothing bad happens.  
4. Oscar Meyer (5-5).  Secretly are only out of the top 3 in points for by 6 points.  you can't win your division but I think it'd be silly to count you out of the wild card race.  Pretty damn close to a lock too, just don't drop anymore stupid games to teams like mine.
5. Yaro Yaslinskiy (7-3).  Look I'm not gonna sugarcoat it, you're first in your division but your team is weak. You're 7th in overall points for.  But hey, any given Sunday so enjoy it.
6. Matt Burke (4-6).  Tied for first in the division in points for (with me, but good for you and you're stupid close to respectable record).  You're one game back though, so no rest for you.  I wouldn't count on the wild card either, not in our garbage division.
7. Nic Meyer (3-7).  What do you want me to say?  If I win out and Val loses out and Matt loses at least two games I can get in.  But aside from all of that, I've scored more points than everyone left, and even more than some of those above me (YARO).  So if I can take one consolation it will be this.
8. Valeriy Shishkin (5-5).  How did you get to 5-5?!  Dude, you're literally tied with Andrew for 11th in Points for.  And yet both you guys were top 2 in our division for most of the year.  With that said, the division spot is yours to lose.
9. Daniel Smith (4-6).  Race for the wild card.  It's not gonna be easy, you've got Yuriy, Ory and Oscar in front of you now.  That's your mark, go for it.
10. Jake Yorke (3-7).  This isn't your fault, but I'm pissed that you probably ended even my outside shot of jumping into the playoffs.
11. Andrew Gomez (4-6).  This seems harsh, it might be.  11th in points for and asked for an RB1 for Deandre Hopkins.  Shits nuts.
12. Jared Grube (3-7). To be fair, right now your team looks like hot fire.  HOT FIRE.

No comments:

Post a Comment