Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Week 8 recap


Well boy howdy, it's week 9 of the NFL.  That means November is here already.  That means it'll soon be Thanksgiving and maybe we'll all get to see Zeke rush for 250 yds and 6TDs.  That would be good.

As far as this season has gone, I've re-learned some old lessons that will be invaluable.  But here's my one word of warning.  I guarantee you next season that RBs will once again be the top picks, but look at who has the best records and what they selected....

POWER RANKINGS

2016 Power Ranking: Week 5

Rank Team / Record Trending Comments
1
8-0
--
Last Week: 1st
Still cruising. I know this is a big bye week for you, so hopefully you can lose. Might be better for you that way, then you can get all the pressure off of yourself and finally relax.
2
5-3
--
Last Week: 2nd
You know, you're still here because your team is good. You have more PF than two 6-2 teams. You lost to your brother, and you are three games back of the lead in your division. Let's be honest, your hold on the wild card is the furthest from sure of any of the other teams at this point. Do not sleep on it.
3
6-2
--
Last Week: 3rd
Yeah you top 3 are cruising. You're up at 6-2, you're probably feeling good. You don't have the division wrapped up yet though. Remember there's another 6-2 team in your division. The unlucky drop of a game and suddenly.........
4
3-5
--
Last Week: 5th
You're probably gonna be surprised to see yourself here. So will the rest of the league I'm sure. I want everyone to recognize that you are 2nd in PF. Not in your division. In the whole entire league. Your team has lost, but you've also had 1080 scored against you. Your team is nasty to go up against most weeks.
5
3-5
--
Last Week: 4th
You aren't winning, that's for sure. But you can turn it around. You've got points just pouring in, just never enough in any particular week. You're only 1 game back in the division though...
6
6-2
--
Last Week: 8th
I have to put you here, I do not want to. You're 6-2, but man you're in the bottom 4th points wise. But hey man, all it takes is a little luck I guess.
7
2-6
--
Last Week: 10th
Righteous, so I'm not particularly winning, but I am 5th in PF. That's right, I have a better score than the rest of my division. So screw you Yaro :(.
8
4-4
--
Last Week: 8th
3rd in PF, first in the division. Proud of you, I guess?
9
4-4
--
Last Week: 4th
Hey, if you lose to your brother you might be in for a tough tough time.
10
3-5
--
Last Week: 7th
Tough past couple of weeks. Down by 3 in the division, and at least 2 for the wild-card. There's enough weeks left.
11
2-6
--
Last Week: 11th
It don't look pretty. Hasn't and still doesn't. Especially not with Charles going on IR. Down 4 games, try not to lose again okay.
12
2-6
--
Last Week: 12th
Brady! Brady! Brady! BRODY!



ORY'S GAME OF THE WEEK

The Overachievers vs The Underachievers. 





VS

 


“And in those days brother will go against brother and there will be a gnashing of the teeth” – The bible? This week was hard for me for fantasy football reasons. Coming off of a week were I had won in all of my fantasy football leagues (6 in all) I was feeling pretty confident of taking this win and continue my dominance of the coveted Yaslinskiy bowl. Well reality sure has a way of kicking you right in the nuts. Yaro started out hot. Cam Newton led the rested panthers on a quick scoring spree even connecting with K. Benjamin on a 50 yard throw but that was my one bright spot as David Johnson was held to only 3 points at half time. I was at brunch and constantly checking my phone, my girlfriend was annoyed and I was panicking. The cardinals made it a game eventually as John Brown Vultured a touchdown from Fitzgerald and D. Johnson got going. A. Rodgers and Jordy Nelson put me in the lead during the afternoon games but my hope was quickly dashed as Zeke Elliot and the cowboys ran all over the eagles. The final kick to the groin was Zack Miller catching some balls from the resurgent Jay Cutler. . Yeah.. JAY CUTLER BEAT ME. That one hurts but I only had myself to blame… Starting Knile Davis over Henry on a last minute switch. The tinkering got to me and Yaro beat me improving his record to 6-1. That’s not a misprint and the Sleepers keep on sleeping…..

No comments:

Post a Comment