Thursday, September 15, 2016

2016 week 1!



Week 1 has come and gone, and honestly could this have been any more predictable?  About the least predictable thing that happened was the 49ers scoring 28 points and holding their opponents to 0.  But as each season is bound to show up, there is always going to be a good week 1 showing by the 49ers followed by 15 weeks of mediocrity (how fun, me a lowly Raiders fan can finally talk shit about the 49ers).

I mean what can be said, AD has another bad week 1 to go with the rest over his career, Antonio Brown is a god, Gurley played like a girl, RG3 is on IR, and Tebow now plays baseball.  I'd rather hear about the exciting divisions.

Now as you all might have noticed, I've tried something slightly different with the way the schedule is set up this year.  Now the first 3 and last 3 weeks are devoted to division rivals.  These are the people that you need to beat to get into the playoffs, and I decided that the best way to add some heat was to make them set the tone early on and then finish it later.  Now here is a funny side effect of this, all of week 1's winners play each other in week 2.  All of the week 1 losers also play each other.  That means at the end of this week there will be 3 undefeated teams, and 3 winless teams (Thanks Jake!).

Now onto my new segment that will be going for the year (be prepared).


ASK THE OWNERS!!!!!!
Each week I will come up with questions to ask an owner, and each week it will be a new owner.  So please be prepared when you are called upon.
The first owner interviewed was Orest Yaslinskiy, 0 time champion.

I asked Ory 2 questions that went a little something like this:

Leaving Daniels house I remember thinking that I had the best draft class. I was full to the brim with confidence but I'm sure everyone feels that way after the draft but we will see as the season goes on. Jared and Nick always draft well so they are honorable mentions. I thought Val had some questionable picks... We all did so I won't get into that.

 Alex had some picks that were head scratchers. Not that he had a bad draft but because I could not understand the thought process behind them. Last year he picked Julio jones early when some good Rb's were still available. We thought that was odd but it worked out for him and this year everyone wanted a WR in the first round so I guess he's sorta a trend setter.

 I would also like to make a suggestion that next year if everyone is down we do an offline draft. I participated in one this year and they are tons of fun. Something to think about.

NO GAME OF THE WEEK, AND NO POWER RANKINGS

ESPN has made this much harder on me, so they are not prepared.  However, I hope very soon they will be.

Voting for next week's game of the week will happen now:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment