Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Week 6 Recap!

Week 6 Recap!

Hey guys, back from the dead!  I'm going to be doing these every two weeks now and they'll be a lot shorter.  The reasoning behind this is that they require quite a bit of time and work to sit and write about it, and mostly I don't think they're creating much conversation.

Anyway, week 6 is going to be my almost half-way through the season stat week!  If there's anything you're curious about that isn't here let me know, I'll see if I can figure it out.


SCORING STATS:

  • The average weekly score in our league (this is total points put up by a team, not just football in general) is: 1,603.5.
    • The lowest total score of any week so far was week 3, with a pathetic total of 1,481.  After that Week 6 came in second to last with 1,581.  
    • The highest total score of any week so far was week week 4, blowing up with 1,691.  The second highest score was week 2 with 1,648.
    • All things told through 6 weeks our league has put up a total of 72 different rosters.  The average weekly score of any 1 roster is 133.63.
  • Each team's weekly average is:
    1. Chris Pender - 162.33 (4-2)
    2. Alex Gomez - 152 (6-0)
    3. Yuriy Yedinak - 146.5 (6-0)
    4. Orest Yaslinskiy - 145.83 (3-3)
    5. Gary Meyer - 139.33 (2-4)
    6. Valeriy Shishkin - 136.67 (3-3)
    7. Nic Meyer - 133.67 (4-2)
    8. Andrew Gomez - 128.17 (2-4)
    9. Daniel Smith - 121.5 (1-5)
    10. Chris Cone - 115.33 (2-4) 
    11. Jake Yorke - 114.17 (1-4-1)
    12. Matt Burke - 108.33 (1-4-1)
    • What I find interesting is that everyone's points against are lower than the average weekly score EXCEPT:
      • Chris Pender who is facing 154 points on average each week. 
      • Gary Meyer who is facing 140 points on average each week.
      • Jake Yorke who is facing 136 points on average each week.
      • Daniel Smith who is facing 156(!!) points on average each week.
  • Each Division's average weekly score is:
    • East: 126.71 
    • West: 149.88
    • North: 124.38
  • The average loss for each team is by this many points:
    • Chris Pender:
    • Gary Meyer: 15.8
    • Nic Meyer: 21
    • Orest Yaslinskiy: 22
    • Valeriy Shishkin: 23
    • Matt Burke: 31.75
    • Chris Cone: 34
    • Andrew Gomez: 39
    • Jake Yorke: 46.25
    • Daniel Smith: 47.8
      • Furthermore, the largest two blow-outs have both come at the behest of Jake Yorke.  He has lost by 70, and 72.  
Just thought that it would be interesting for you guys to see some of your team's stats.  Get a better idea of where your at both statistically and karmically.  Also, maybe it's time for a switch up on some teams.  After waivers clear tonight we will be halfway through the regular season.  That means there is still time to turn it around or fall off majestically.  Make the choice.

GAME(S) OF THE WEEK:

These two games came down to the wire and could have gone either way for the teams involved.  Talk about sweating it out.

Greenbowl Packers (Valeriy Shishkin) versus Yuriy Yedinak (The Chorne Zhopas)

Let me go ahead and get this out of the way.  For those of you that watched the Monday Night Football game you probably remember this, but for those of you that didn't:  Val plays Juszcyzk over Corey Clement and has to feel awful over it.  First, Breida stays active and messes up his plan, second things are actually looking up for Val.  Juice (I'm not typing that name out every time) is getting catches and actually showing up a bit in the game plan.  Then the fateful pass occurs.  Juice catches the ball and makes the first man miss, he's heading down the sidelines, he gains enough yards to tie the game for Val and he may get more!  Only, someone comes in and hits him fast and hard.  Out pops the ball.  The ball goes into the hands of the Green Bay defense and Val loses 2 points.  And so the score would stay.  Val loses by 2 points, or one lost fumble, 135-137.

Val: How many times over the years have you played Yuriy?  I know, even if you disagree, that this matchup is important to you.  It's your own small version of Ukraine vs. Russia, and guess what?  In this case Ukraine has won.  Val, you should have played Clement.  My question for you is, did you play juice because of how much you love the 9ers?  If so, I'll give you Breida for Ertz eh?  I won't spend too much time here, you know what you did wrong, and honestly I'm very happy you did it wrong.  It gives me a game lead in the division and I still have that early win over you.

Yuriy: Since Fitzmagic ended and AD is looking more human your team looks beatable.  Good, but beatable.  Now there isn't a whole heck of a lot for me to say, except I would ask what you would do if Bell does come back and they end up doing an even split between Conner and Bell?  That sounds unfortunate for your situation, but still better than those that don't have an RB2 to choose from.  Congrats on beating Val by the way, but he will get a second chance to prove that he can beat you, do not let him do that.


Nic Meyer (12 Bar Bruisers) versus Chris Cone (Fresno FaceCleaters)

Not a particularly high scoring affair, this game came down to defense.  And I don't mean that in some weird "oh I didn't score a lot because I needed to play defense" sort-of-way.  What I mean is this, Green Bay D/ST was the last position either of us had going.  I came into that game down by 2 points and was feeling fairly confident as the 49ers were missing The Handsome One and Breida had been banged up recently.  The 49ers came out and shocked the hell out of the Packers by proving that Goodwin can run fast no matter who the QB is.  Anyway, let's fast forward to the 4th quarter.  There was around 4 minutes left, the Packers kick off and the 49ers get the ball.  The 49ers get a 3-and-out, but during that 3-and-out they happen to get 7 yards.  These 7 yards would put them up over 400 on the day at 401, enough to make me go behind by 1.  I was losing, and the 49ers were giving the ball back to the Packers sub 4 minutes left.  Then the Packers had a very quick 3-and-out.  There was another chance.  Watching this I got nervous, I was worried. The 49ers had a 3-and-out of their own, and on 3rd down Beathard got sacked!  Enough to lose the yardage and 1 point for the sack! I was up by 3!  Then Rodgers goes down and scores a TD to tie the game.  The 49ers get the ball back.  They get yardage, I lose my 2 points. I am tied.  I'm going to get a tie.  Could be worse, could be a loss I guess. But then!  What did Beathard do?!  HE THREW A PICK!  I went up by 2!  And then the Packers sealed the game with a FG.  It was so nerve-wracking.  But I did win, 110-108.

Chris: I legitimately think having 3 QBs that are all very good hurts your team.  You're forced to play roulette every week, and sometimes it will lose you the week.  One of those times was this week.  You chose Goff.  If you had Wentz, or Wilson (not Watson), you would have won.  I suggest paring it down somehow, whatever way you choose.  Your team also got stronger with the Freeman injury, now Coleman should be a starter all year. I think that's good for you.  Focus on getting a TE and hope you choose the right TE and your team can compete.

Nic: There are some things I know that makes me believe I have insider information.  Therefore I may not divulge it here.

POWER RANKINGS!

  1. Alex Gomez (912 PF) Previously 1.
  2. Yuriy Yedinak (879 PF) Previously 2.
  3. Chris Pender (974 PF) Previously 3.
  4. Nic Meyer (802 PF) Previously 4.
  5. Orest Yaslinskiy (875 PF) Previously 8.
  6. Valeriy Shishkin (820 PF) Previously 6.
  7. Gary Meyer (836 PF) Previously 5.
  8. Andrew Gomez (769 PF) Previously 11.
  9. Christopher Cone (692 PF) Previously 7.
  10. Jake Yorke (685 PF) Previously 10.
  11. Matt Burke (650 PF) Previously 12.
  12. Daniel Smith (729 PF) Previously 9. 

GOOD LUCK NEXT WEEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment